1. My name is Christine Mary. Born on December 21st to Catholic parents, I was brought home from the hospital on Christmas Eve. I was named after Christ and Mary.
2. I am an Empath. It simply means I feel things very deeply. If someone is crying I feel sad because I feel their pain. I am very intuitive and can sense when someone is lying, annoyed or hiding something.
3. I love tea. My favorite is peppermint but I have a whole cabinet full of different kinds.
4. I really enjoy hiking, photography, being with my family and pets. Other than that I pretty much keep to myself. Besides an occasional breakfast with a friend I don’t hang out with friends much and never go to after work functions. I prefer being with one or two close friends or family members than crowds.
5. People tend to either love me or hate me. I don’t know why. I just have a certain type of personality that is this way. I can’t really pinpoint it. My best guess is that the people who hate me, hate what I can sense about them (subconsciously). Lucky for me, I don’t have time for hatred. I’m too busy loving the people who love me!
6. I’m a deep thinker. I’m a day dreamer and night thinker! I love deep conversations. I am an extroverted introvert which just means that people may see me as friendly and outgoing but the truth is, I let very few people into my real life and even fewer into our home. My home is my sanctuary from the noise of the world.
7. I married my high school sweetheart and we are going on 33 years of marriage. We have one grown son who is the sunshine of my life. We moved here to Colorado to be closer to him!
8. I grew up in a large family. There are ten in my immediate family including my mom and dad. My parents have five girls and three boys.
9. I survived a major car accident. I had over a hundred sutures in my face and my nose was reconstructed once (needed a second but never got it because having gone through it once was enough), a scar removal surgery and dermabrasion on my forehead. I now how a deviated and perforated septum which makes me softly “whistle” from my nose when I sleep. Plus, my nose is crooked! I’ve learned to live with it as a quirk instead of a fault.
10. I’ve been a vegetarian for about 15 years. Due to some recent health issues I’m considering eating meat briefly. It’s a long story but I need to heal my gut and there’s something in beef bone broth that might help it. I love animals so much but also want to be healthy for my family. I’ll be posting about that journey.
There you have it. Ten things about me you would have ever guessed.
I’m also older than I look. Can you guess based off of any information I shared?