In the beginning of a diet you may get hungry in between meals. Your body may need a little pick me up due to fluctuating blood sugar levels. They will stabilize as you lose weight and your body adjusts to your new way of eating!
You don’t want to eat huge meals because it will keep your stomach expanded thus taking that much more food in order for it to feel full.
How does your body know it’s full?
Your stomach tells your brain that it is full. Normally, this feeling causes you to stop eating and not think about food again for several hours. Fullness is partly controlled by the hypothalamus, your blood sugar, and having food in your stomach and intestines.
When you feel those hunger pangs come on in between meals and you feel the need to eat all the food in the house (I get it! I really do!) try having these snacks instead. Try to keep the proportions small so that you’re stomach will start to shrink.
Have each of these snacks with a cup of herbal tea without added sweetener:
1. 1/2 of a banana and 1 small square of dark chocolate (the darker the better for you)
2. 10-12 almonds (pro tip! Prepackage then in snack baggies so you don’t go over your limit!)
3. 1 small apple and 1 tsp almond butter
4. 1/2 Cucumber and 1 tomato (sliced) with salt and pepper or vinegar to season it.
5. 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt topped with blueberries (sprinkle with half packet of stevia if absolutely needed).
6. 1 can tuna in water; drain water and add vinegar. No bread or crackers. Nothing else. It is so good!
7. 1. slice whole wheat toast with butter or nut butter
8. 1 hard boiled egg egg with salt
9. 2 small boiled potatoes or 1 regular size (pre-boil them in keep them in the fridge) with 1 tsp better, salt and pepper
10. Raw cauliflower dipped in no-fat sour cream
11. Raw sweet pepper slices dipped in hummus
12. 5-6 radishes
13. A SMALL salad with vinegar and oil dressing
14. 1 Larabar with at least 4g protein or make your own “cherry pie” larabar
15. 3 cups of popcorn. Pro tip! Get popcorn sprinkles that have no calories. Our favorite is cheese but they have ranch and just about any other flavor imaginable online! Just look up “popcorn sprinkle seasoning” in Google or Pinterest and you’ll find recipes too!)
16. 3/4 c shelled edamame
17. 1 whole wheat English muffin topped with almond butter
18. 1 cup mixed berries: strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
19. Snyder’s Gluten free pretzels 1 oz or about 32 mini pretzel sticks.
21. Left overs or make broiled chicken and keep in fridge for snacking. Have with brown rice.
22. 1 scrambled egg with avocado slices (or tomato or sweet peppers)
23. 1 kiwi
24. 1 pear and 1 slice of Swiss cheese
26. 1 egg over easy, I tomato slice, 1 slice hard cheese on 1 slice of while wheat toast.
27. Fresh veggies and my family’s all time favorite EASY guacamole recipe
28. Frozen chocolate covered almond butter banana bites
30. Banana slice with toppings
33. Apple slices with nut butter and raisins.
34. Celery, light cream cheese and “Everything but the bagel” seasoning which you can find at Trader Joe’s or here
35. Make ahead frozen blueberry bites (covered in yogurt). You can do the same with strawberries as well!
36. 1 small sweet potato cooked in microwave.
37. (Make ahead) sweet potato fries (baked in oven). We LOVE ours with lemon juice, oregano and a little feta cheese. OMG it is to die for!) FYI they don’t come out crunchy. They are soft and hearty and delicious fries that we eat with a fork. Or use this simple recipe for a crispier version.
38. Cup of healthy soup
39. Cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, vinegar and oil dressing and fresh basil.
40. A glass of nut milk.
41. 1 whole wheat frozen waffle with nut butter or real maple syrup (not the overly sweet stuff like Aunt Jemima)
42. Seaweed snack like this
43. Pickles (2 whole)
44 Olives (5-6)
45. Cooked asparagus
46. Avocado egg salad (there’s also a link to homemade mayo here)
49. Cantaloupe slices
50. Watermelon slices.
52. Raw carrots sticks
(Ideas for various seasonings above)
54. Cucumbers with feta cheese and dill seasoning.
55. The stress reliever smoothie above.
56. Any of the fruits above in these portion sizes.
59. 1/2 c each: sliced strawberries, blueberries and cubes apple with 1T natural honey and some lemon juice.
60. 1 ounce turkey jerky and 1 pear.
There you have it! Our go-to snacks that we love. We’re always mixing it up so check back for more ideas to come!
If you like this post please cinder giving it a like. If you’d like more content like this please share on any social media and follow this blog! Thank you! ❤️