Hi Guys! Keeping it light today with some fun Christmas or Hanukkah gift ideas! (Hanukkah starts December 22nd and Christmas is the 25th. Just around the corner now!)
For those of us who are trying to declutter our possessions and lives, or are giving this year to someone who is, holiday gifts can be tricky. We all want to give something meaningful to the people we love. Heaven knows the world doesn’t need more stuff.
Here are some ideas for the people in your life you’d like to present with something special. They aren’t all non-physical items but are thoughtful and less likely to contribute to clutter in their homes.
- Hair appointment
- Concert tickets
- Movie tickets
- Museum/zoo membership
- Gym membership/Fitbit
- Fruit or food basket
- Desserts or chocolates
- Coffee beans or coffee shop gifts certificates
- Restaurant gift certificate
- Amazon/Target gift certificate
- Consumable self-care items (bath bombs, essential oils, face masks, lotions)
- Experiences in their local area (escape room, float tank, horse back riding, golf or other sports passes)
- Services (house cleaning service, car wash and detailing, yard clean up/maintenance)
- Personal products you know they use and buy anyway (perfume/cologne, hair care products, makeup gift certificate)
- Hello Fresh or other food delivery service.
- Homemade meal/desserts/jams
I don’t know about you but I’d be happy to receive any one of those items!
Have you done your holiday shopping yet?
Is it starting to feel like Christmas (or Hanukkah or other holiday you celebrate) in your neck of the woods?
Hope you’re enjoying the season of giving!
May you be happy and well!
Other ideas that are not exactly clutter free but are worthwhile:
- Clothes they actually need
- Contributing to college tuition
- Classroom or office supplies
- Technology (phone charger, headphones, apps)
- Kitchen tools or small appliances
- Sports or hobby equipment
- Household essentials (sheets, towels, rugs) they actually need
- Garage tools (quality items that will last)
- Candy or cookies (homemade are even better!)
- Teas and tea diffuser
Check out this minimalism blog Nourishing Minimalism. The link takes you to her many clutter free gift ideas in categories such as New Parents, Grandparents, Kids, Stockimg Stuffers, homemade ideas and more.